Sunday, November 6, 2011

Newb-tastic

If you follow any of the men's fashion blogs, I'm sure you've seen the Newbie Style Challenge II running full force. Two of my favorite bloggers Bouncer Criss and Steam Engineer (my man crushes), blogged their styles.  I figured, I'd attempt to do the same.  This should be a piece of cake for the girls, but for the guys its a giant pain in the ass.  Unless, of course, you like horrid looking clothes and next to no detailed skins.  I'm allergic to bad skins.  I want to burn everyone I come across.

If you haven't heard about this, it's really quite simple.  You have a maxium of $550L (the smallest amount of lindens you can purchase through the $L in world) to put together a good looking avi.  You have to use freebies, Lucky Chairs, Hunts, or MM boards.  ALL have to be current though.  You're not allowed to use shit you picked up from the first MHOH. 

I swear, I changed shapes/skins/clothes more than the Lindens should allow.  I think I almost crashed one of the asset servers entirely on my own.  I did manage to over heat my laptop, and went to take a nap before I threw it at the nearest wall.



Skin: Liam Chin Beard Tan ~ Akeruka Group Gift ($150L to join the group)
Shape: Maxium Shape ~ AM Shapes located in the MENStuff Lounge (Freebie)
Hair: Roy Black ~ Uncleweb Studios (Freebie)
Eyes: Eye Contact \green ~ ::VyC:: Located in the MENStuff Lounge (Freebie)
Shirt: Blind (Teal) ~ Phoenix Rising ($25L) *The store says they're closing, but they've been closing for well over a year now*
Pants: Risk Dress Pants (Slate) ~ Phoenix Rising ($25L)
Boots: Leather Booties Black ~ ::Gabriel:: (Freebie - Group Gift)
Necklace: Black Bead Necklace MENS ~ ::Gabriel:: (Freebie- Group Gift) *No charge to join the group*

That's right!  I put it all together with $200L.  GO ME!

This actually was alot of fun.  I was surprised at what I was able to pull together with alittle work.  I LOVE spending money and I LOVE shopping, so I hardly ever freebie shop.  I'll just run out and buy it and never think twice about it.  I perfer to think of it as "stimulating the SL economy and supporting our wonderful content creators".

Thank you so much GOGO for having this challenge!

Next time you run into a bad looking newbie, please take him and talk with them.  They don't know where to get all these items, and never have any money.  Remember what it's like to be a newbie and not know anything about SL.  Think about all the people that helped you along the way, and pay that forward.

Here's to you Newbies!

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment