Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sometimes, when you least expect it...

I wanted to get out and have a few beers.  Not worry about anything, not bouncing across the grid looking for my next outfit to blog.  I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts.  I wandered into an empty pub and ordered a stout of the best local beer they had.  I shuffled over to a table and placed my beer in front of me.  I was lost in the trance of the crackling fire that was smouldering the fireplace.  I watched as the ember glowed through various shades of red and orange.  The flames licked upwards, just kissing the top bricks.

I felt something shift in the ambiance.  The air itself seem to dance around a little more excitedly.  My eyes drifted towards the door just in time to see her walk in.  There was something electrifying in her presence.  I couldn't take my eyes off of her, no matter how hard I tried.  Her hips sashayed passed me after ordering her fancy Italian wine. 



It was just my luck that she sat behind me.  I could still feel her every movement.  Her shoes clicked on the old wood floors as she slide herself into the booth.  I was alone with my thoughts.  There was no denying that now.  They raced through my mind like the wind rustling through an open wheat field.
"Who was she? Why did she have this effect on me? What was it about this woman that took my breath right through my lips?"  I was compelled to approach her.  It was all I could think about.  How could I approach her when I couldn't even utter a word, much less form a coherent sentence?

I looked over my shoulder and her eyes met mine.  I was stunned.  Her eyes were warm and inviting.  It was like she was putting my mind at ease.  I planted my feet firmly under me, praying that my knees wouldn't buckle under my weight.  I managed to make my way to the bar and told the tender that I needed a couple of shot of his finest whiskey.

I tried to act all smooth and suave as I traced my steps back to her table.  I did my best to hide the sweat starting to penetrate the skin on my palms.  There was no hiding it though,  this woman made me nervous.  I'm not sure if it was a good nervous or a bad nervous, but I wanted to find out more about this woman.

The corners of her lips started to turn upwards as she watched me make my way to her table.  I introduced myself and invited her to join me on the couch.  She boldly took the shot from my hand and downed it before I could bring mine to my lips.  This woman was brazen indeed.  Beautiful AND brazen.  Just what I look for in a woman.  I followed her as she walked over to the sofa and we begin chatting.  It seemed like I had known her all my life.  This woman was so much more than I could have ever imagined.


She made me laugh.  I knew I was going to wake up with an aching stomach tomorrow morning.  We laughed until we cried.  I would catch myself getting lost in her eyes.  They drew me in and held me there.

After a few (what seemed like minutes) hours of laughing and talking, I asked her to dance.  I had to feel her in my embrace.  I wanted to know what it was like to have her soft silken skin against mine.



It was more than I could have ever imaged.  Our energies flowed freely between us.  It felt as though I was floating across the floor.  She made everything feel so effortlessly.  It was though I was watching myself from above. 

As the sun started to break the horizon, I knew I had to let her go.  It took all my might to let her slip from my grasp.  I knew I'd be seeing her again though.  I could feel it with everything I had in me.  This was going to be one woman I wouldn't soon forget out.

Drew:
Skin - Li Skin (straw) horns ~ *Birth*
Shape - Jet ~ Maverick Designs
Hair - Adam/twilight ~ Exile
Ears - Stretched Ears ~ [Acide!]
Eyes - spotlight eyes :: sky ~ Tuli
Shirt -  PATTERNED SHIRT BRITANNIA ~ *Connors*
Pants - Dark Blue&White Raw Denim~ LAQ
Boots - Kboots ~ TREADS @ Covet
Necklace - The Path To Forgiveness ~ Haus of Darcy


Mag:
Skin -  Acorn ~ Curio
Shape - Amelia ~ Image Studio
Hair -Kai  ~Exile
Blouse -Gill Blouse Cream ~ VictoriaV
Skirt -Country Skirt ~  Chantkare
Shoes -  "Bonnie" Red ~ Mary Janes

Location: Whimsical Pub

No comments:

Post a Comment